Sunday, February 22, 2009

It was a bouncy ball after all!!!!!

The parable of the clogged toilet.....So Collin got a boucy ball from school for some reason I dont remember. Later that day I hear he and Jaxon playin with it in the upstairs bathroom cuz it will bounce ALL over the room and in the tub and everything. They were havin so much fun and the suddenly the fun stops. Hhhmmm I thought to myself, odd that they would stop playin so abruptly but it must be that they are such sweet angels that my shouting "stop bouncing that stupid ball or I will go insane!!!" must have finally sunk in. Well not too long after that someone yells from the bathroom that the toilet is plugged. This is not an unusual occurance after Hunter has been in there so I grabbbed the plunger that is usually on hand for just such occasions. When this didnt work, I set it aside cuz we had somewhere to be (as ususal). The next day someone not knowing the problem used the facilities AGAIN and then we had a real problem! This is when it started to go down hill. I started thinking back to what the problem could be and remembered the boucy ball. I called Coll and Max in and asked them if they flushed the bouncy ball and Collin said "no, well it wasnt really us that did it....but I didnt see the bouncy ball go in" Well I asked where the bouncy ball was now and after they looked at each other they both just shrugged thier shoulders looking very innocent but with eyes as purple as pansies! (If you dont know, my kids think that when they lie thier eyes turn purple :) lol ). Well I started asking around and I asked my home teacher, the elders quorum pres, my neighbors, and various family members who shall remain nameless (but you know who you are!). EVERYONE told me "no- it cant be a bouncy ball....bouncy balls wouldnt cause the problem. Some tried to snake it, others tried to plung it, most just said I was gonna have to call a plumber. Finally I just turned the water off and duct taped the lid closed so no one would use it. So we had a perfectly good bathroom that could not be used. Well it wasnt perfectly good cuz the bathtub didnt drain either. :( But it became a completely wasted room in my home for the past 3 months.

Enter the hero of our saga.....DJ aka - superman :D. We were talkin about what we could do over the weekend since I would not have any kids around. I told him I knew a really fun game we could play...it went something like this "Hey Deej, I have a great game we could play called 'fix my toilet" "Well uh Marilyn, that sounds like a lot of fun but I was thinkin of a movie or something, but since you are so adorable and just that much fun to be around I would play whatever game you want, and maybe when we are finished with the bathroom I can clean your house and do the laundry too, while you eat bon bons and watch movies then after I will peel you some grapes and rub ur temples!" Well - Ok maybe the conversation didnt quite to like that but the end result was the same. DJ came up this weekend and after running all over town finding what we needed to fix everything (cuz being a girl I have no tools) he set to work on not just one but TWO toilets. Ya see the toilet in the master bath had its own set of issues mainly involving tremendous amounts of water and swooshing noises every 30 seconds or so. After fixing my bathroom he was then able to pull the toilet off and try to figure out what was causeing the problem. Well he didnt really believe me that it was a bouncy ball either but guess what!!! In the end everyone should have just listend to me!!!! IT WAS THE BOUNCY BALL! Second only to my feeling of vindication was my joy and relief that the bathroom was once again usable.

Although he doesnt wear glasses like Clark Kent, I am pretty sure there is an S on his chest somewhere cuz in my book he is totally Superman. Maybe if I ever catch him with his shirt off (after we were married of course :P) I will see the S and under his pant he is wearin tights....hhmmm ok that would just be wierd. I cannot tell ya how happy Iam that he is just that handy and awesome! That isnt even all he did this weekend but if I listed ALL the things he showed me he was good at this weekend all the other girls would be jealous and might try to steal him away :), so I will just leave it as THAT BOY HAS SKILLS!

Thanks a bunch Deej - ur the best.....if you keep spoiling me like this you will end up stuck with me for good, so watch out! <3

2 comments:

Josh and Jaime said...

So cute Marilyn! I am so happy that you found your superman.

Linda said...

Mary when do I get to meet superman, I have been busy with the HS play but now its over Yea!! call me we will have to go to dinner sometime.