Monday, July 20, 2009

Some New Years Resolutions are fun to keep

It has been so long since I have updated I thought I should put down a few of the latest happenings in our crazy life. When setting my New Years Resolutions I had very good intentions with all of them and added one last one more as a wish/hope than a resolution but it turns out that is the one that has stuck and one of the few that last all year. I put down that I needed to find a husband, and guess what...I found the best one out there :). DJ proposed on June 26, 2009 and of course I said and enthusiastic yes. With my whole family and a good portion of his down in Moroni for the Mormon Miracle Pageant, we had a family party that turned into and engagement party. I could not have been more surprised! As we had discussed things over the preceding weeks he had assured me that if I was patient I would have a ring by July of NEXT YEAR! That seemed like a long time to wait to me but I knew he was worth waiting for and so I was shocked and joyfully surprised when he gathered the fam around and got down on one knee. I think that ranks in the top ten best moments of my entire life. I must have done something right somewhere along the way to deserve someone as great as my sweet DJ. He makes me laugh and my hearts smiles everytime I think of him. The kids love him more each day and are almost as excited as I am about us getting married. Now we are just trying to figure out all the details of where to live. We are hoping to get married on New Years Eve since that is the anniversary of the day we met (aaaawwwww). Some dreams really do come true :) <3

1 comment:

Josh and Jaime said...

I am so happy for you! It sounds like things are wonderful and I am glad you have found someone who treats you like you deserve to be treated. Congrats to you all!